Weight loss actually doesn’t have to require heroic efforts. You need to figure out and learn the tricks. Justfitnesshub spoke to the women who have each successfully lost almost 100 pounds or more to find out their secret tricks. Here are their top tips on how to lose weight without sweating it too much.
Practical Weight Loss Secrets From Women Who Have Shed 100 Pounds Or More Successfully
1. Begin Small: Start with walking or jogging for 15-20 minutes a day. Then increase the duration and pace of your walking or jogging gradually. You can’t win the battle in few days. Have patience, and let it be a gradual and a steady process.
2. Start With Small Changes – One By One: Recognize the real culprits such as many obese people intake a lot of sugar and calories that come from drinks they consume. So, to lose weight they should challenge themselves to drink only water — no sugary drinks — for a month. After just after one successful week, they should resolve to add another challenge, like to reduce on their carbs intake by switching to whole-wheat bread in place of white and brown rice in place of normal rice. Continue with this process until you cut out the most culprits, as much as you can.
3. Be Realistic About Which Habits You Need To Change: Some diets are so heavy, like fried food and carbs, that they are not at all helpful to weight loss. Avoid eating large, heavy meals, like eating French fries every single day, plus carbs at almost every meal — such as a sandwich for lunch or bread with pasta for dinner. Instead of having 3 large meals per day, start having 6 small meals, mostly comprising of fresh vegetable salads with lean meats and nuts. And with least of bread (carbs).
4. Keep Away From Bad Snacks And Go For Good Snacks: Smart snacking between your meals can restrain your hunger so that you don’t gobble-up the dining table when you finally sit down for supper or dinner. Smart snacking can also help you get in all the nutrients you need. On the other hand, bad snacking habits (especially grazing on foods of little nutritional value or too much snacking) can add on extra pounds around your waistline. Here are Smart Tips To Help You Ditch Bad Snacking Habits.
5. Double Down On Veggies, If You Feel Still Hungry After Eating A Snack Or Meal: If you are unsatisfied after snacking or eating a meal, don’t turn towards a desert, but choose vegetables– salad rather than junk food.
6. Order Smarter Salads: Try to cook most of your meals for yourself, and when you are eating out, make healthy choices at restaurants like salads. Instead of tacos, burgers, fries, and shakes, choose salads without croutons and opt for a low-fat dressing on the side.
7. Say No To Free Frills: Many restaurants offer free drinks such as diet and regular pop regularly — don’t get tempted to fall in trap. Just ask for water instead of such pops.
8. Healthy Choices At Home: The best healthy weight loss choices are to bake fish with olive oil or make barbecue-style ground turkey. Also devour green beans, carrots, celery, low-fat cottage cheese, string cheese, pistachios, olives, low-fat yogurt, grapes, and tangerines.
9. Turn Your Old Favorites Into Healthier: For instance, if you relish burger and fries then you can convert them into their healthier versions of foods that you like such as turkey/chicken burgers with whole-wheat bread and sweet potato fries.
10. Best Foods Choices To Lose Weight: The best weight loss foods that provide you with all the required nutrition are: a diet comprising of lean protein (chicken breast, egg whites, ground turkey), complex carbs (quinoa, sweet potatoes, oatmeal), healthy fats (coconut oil, almonds, avocados), and leafy green veggies. Try to eat as clean as you can — locally grown vegetables, organic when possible, and minimally processed everything.
11. Never Stock Caloric Or Carbs Dense Foods That Tempt You: For instance, if you love ice cream avoid keeping it in the house as you might not be able to stop yourself from going for more helpings. If you don’t have it at home, you will have to go out and buy a single-serving ice cream cone in case you are craving for it. So, in any case it will be just one helping.
12. Find A Healthy Meal You Like The Most: Out of the foods that you like, identify the healthiest option such as I prefer a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread with mustard. I try to eat that more often, so as to focus on achieving my goals and I don’t even feel repetitive.
13. Eat More Often: Try to eat more often. Instead of having 2-3 larger meals per day, aim for 5-6 small meals per day.
14. Make Provision For Heavy Meals: If you know that you will be going out for dinner where you will be likely to eat extra calories then eat lighter meals during the day such as a smoothie (with less calories/carbs) for breakfast and a salad for lunch.
15. Move Around During Lunch Break: Make it a habit to move around outside or walk on the treadmill at work for 30 to 40 minutes after having lunch. Even if you don’t eat lunch, move around during your lunch break.
16. Carry Snacks For Late Nights At Work: Avoid eating fast food on your way back home from work late evenings. Carry low calories/carbs food and snacks to work so that you won’t have to feel hungry and be in control.
17. Keep Snacks Handy: Carry meal substitutes, like low calories protein bars in your purse and car to eat whenever you miss a meal. This way, you can keep hunger under control to avoid overeating later.
18. Don’t Keep Treat Food Items In Your House: Don’t keep treats, like juice, chips, or cookies in your house. This way you can avoid eating them. You may eat them occasionally, but only in small portions.
19. Lift Weights To Lose Weight: Cardio does help in shedding pounds, but weight lifting (even strength training) also helps in burning a lot of fat.
20. Move Even On Rest Days: Although you need to have one or two days rest in a week, but on the rest days when you don’t work out you should do some physical activities, like going for a hike, long walk or do yoga.
21. Listen To Music When You Don’t Feel Like Going To Gym: The objective is to move your body and burn calories, whichever way you like. Weight loss has nothing to do with going to a gym. Burning fat is what matters, and you can do it by turning on my music and either dancing or hula-hooping with some one you like.
22. Don’t Make Workout An Excuse To Eat Reprehensibly: Make sure to eliminate all the unhealthy foods that you are eating so that you don’t get chance to make your fitness program as a passport to continue to eat mindlessly under the disguise: “Hey, I’m working out, so it’s all right.”
24. Reward Yourself Once A Week: Workout religiously during the week and earn one cheat meal after your hardest workout on one day in a week. Indulge in your favorite foods sensibly while still staying on track.
25. Don’t Back Down When Your Weight Loss Plateaus: When you hit a plateau, don’t feel brow beaten – but continue your efforts to push through aiming your plan to work successfully.
Useful Related Post: