Don’t have time to go to gym or may be you want to save some bucks? No worries! YOU DON’T NEED a gym membership to keep you fit and for building muscle mass. Seriously!
Make Your Own Gym At Home With Only Two Equipment
The dumbbell only workout at home focuses on the use of only a set of dumbbells to pack on muscle and hone a leaner, more defined body right in your own living room. Yes, you read it right – without going to gym!
Dumbbells are low-cost, handy and easy-to-use weights that allow you perform a wide range of exercises to improve your health. Depending on the amount of weight you use, number of repetitions you perform and pace at which you use them, they can help you improve cardiovascular fitness, burn calories, gain muscle, enhance muscular strength and increase endurance.
Benefits Of Dumbbell Workouts
1. Gym At Home: Using dumbbell exercises in your workout routines are the simplest way to have a gym in your home. You just need a pair of dumbbells and a workout bench. Using just these two equipment you can perform hundreds of exercises and can cover every major muscle group of your body.
Visit these links:
For learning: How To Do Bicep Workout With Dumbbells At Home?
For learning: How To Do Tricep Workout With Dumbbells At Home?
2.Compound Exercises: The prime advantage of using dumbbells is that in addition to exercising the main muscle, they also need the input from various stabilizing muscles. This is in contrast to working out on gym-type machines where main targeted muscles are isolated and are the only ones being engaged.
3. Muscle Building: You can gain muscle mass with dumbbells using heavier weights. Dumbbells can be used to build body or just tone muscle.
4. Cardio Health: You can use dumbbells exercises to raise your heart rate, which helps improve cardiovascular health. Starting at a slower pace, beginners to exercise can improve cardio stamina by using lighter weights for 30 minutes or longer. Raising the pace at which you workout dumbbells can increase your heart rate into the aerobic zone, providing even more cardio benefit. Regular aerobic exercise also helps improve blood cholesterol.
Useful Related Posts:
4. Weight Loss: Dumbbells can be used to create aerobic workouts that help burn calories by raising heart rate. Using aerobic exercise to lose weight also benefit to cut down risk of life-style diseases and conditions like diabetes, coronary heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure. This type of weight loss workout not only burns calories, but also improves muscle strength, muscular endurance and heart health.
5. Muscular Endurance: Dumbbells exercises help improve muscular endurance, and ability to use your muscles in sports such as during a tennis match or volleyball game. Use lower weight dumbbells and perform more repetitions of each exercise when doing muscular endurance workouts than when doing bodybuilding exercises.
Read here: Endurance Exercises For Seniors
6. Bone Health: Weight-bearing exercises help to enhance bone density, cutting back your risk of fall and fracture. Dumbbells are a perfect way to improve bone health for seniors, because you can use them sitting or lying down and choose weights that are easy to lift and handle.
Dumbbells Workout Techniques
As dumbbell exercises typically do not isolate muscle, you are more likely to yield to “cheating”. Cheating here means using body movements that help you perform an exercise more easily.
An example of cheating is to sway your upper body forward and back while performing biceps curl. Though this way it is easier to perform the dumbbell exercise, but you would be cheating yourself and not getting maximum possible gains in working out your target muscle group.
It’s therefore important to use and maintain right posture while doing dumbbell exercises. In the above example, you need to keep your body very still and engage your biceps when doing biceps curls to minimize cheating.
Tips For Buying Dumbbells
Dumbbells are available in different sizes and models. Basically choice is between buying a set of dumbbells where every dumbbell is of a fixed weight and an adjustable weight set, where you can add different weight configurations as per your needs.
If you want to have your own home gym, we encourage you to buy dumbbells. You just need dumbbells and an exercise bench; and your home gym is complete. With these two equipment you can target and workout every major muscle group. We are starting a series of articles to train you for dumbbell exercises. We will be covering one major muscle group in one article. Keep a watch on our future articles.