A green smoothie is an ideal way to burn your fat, and at the same time it is nutrients rich, packed with fiber and low in fat. The most powerful way to lose weight and up your mineral consumption is to add a plant-based smoothie drink to your diet and see how better you feel? Rich in immune-boosting nutrients, you can make green smoothies for weight loss by either blending or juicing vegetables and fruit together.
So, simply add green smoothies into your routine diet. They are great for weight loss, digestive health, boosting your immune system, and act as a healthy and filling snacks. After few weeks, you will notice that you are not only losing weight, but also gaining glowing skin, hair, nails, even eyes get brighter! Is it not what you want?
Best Green Smoothie For Weight Loss Tips
You need to learn tricks of making perfect healthy green smoothies for weight loss. Following tips will help you make an ideal weight loss green smoothie.
1. Skip Adding Dairy Products For Weight Loss Smoothies: Although, dairy products such as yogurt and milk are healthy foods, but then these foods also contain excess fat, hormones and other additives that can disrupt your aim to lose weight. There are better options for getting sufficient calcium from vegetables and fruit – so you better avoid using dairy products if your aim is to lose weight.
For example try this green smoothie recipe for weight loss that has more calcium than a glass of milk.
Ingredients: 2 cups of dandelion green or kale, oranges, kiwifruit, figs and a tablespoon of chia seeds.
2. Control The Amount Of Fat You Add In To Your Smoothie For Weight Loss: You need to put some limit on even healthy fats such as coconuts and avocados, as more than necessary fat and fruit together in the same smoothie tend to instigate gas and bloating. It can also impede your system’s capability to make effective use of the carbohydrates and may prompt weight gain.
Just Fitness Tip: Limit the fat ingredient to not exceed 2 tablespoons of chia or flax seed, or 1/4 avocado.
3. Aim To Use Very Little To No Sweeteners: Refined, processed or concentrated sugar can interfere with your endeavor to lose weight. Better option is to use ripe banana or other sweet, ripe fruit to sweeten your weight lose green smoothie without causing any obstacle in your weight lose aim.
Fitness Tip: Agave syrup, table sugar, honey or any other concentrated sugar is sure way to transform your green smoothie for weight loss into a calorie bomb. If you can’t do without a sweetener then use dates.
Caution: Even the dates are dried fruit containing concentrated sugar, so gradually stop using them as soon as you can.
4. Stay Away From Store-Bought Fruit Juices Or Plant Milks: These processed drinks are packed with added concentrated sweeteners and chemicals – so called preservatives. To add fruit juice in your smoothie, squeeze fresh juice from the fruit on your own. Also if you want to add in nut milk such as almond milk, make your own nut milk as it’s very easy to make most nut milks using a blender and a strainer or nut milk bag.
5. Steer Clear Of Packaged Or Canned Foods: Use fresh fruits, vegetables and dark leafy greens as they are chock-full of fiber, naturally water rich, and packed with micronutrients that stimulate your metabolism. On the other hand canned fruits are usually soaked in syrup and thus they are less nutritious than fresh fruits. If you want to save money, buy fresh fruits in bulk and freeze them yourself.
6. Limit The Use Of Powders In Smoothies: If you want, it’s fine to add a little good quality powdered greens or super foods such as rice protein powder, but avoid adding too much. The draw back with all such powders is that the natural water is taken out of them and thus they do not remain a wholesome food.
Fitness Tip: Use whole foods for losing weight and steer clear of gimmicky supplements or costly pharmaceutical-type foods, the so called “super foods”
7. Weight Loss Green Smoothie Ratio: A recommended good ratio of fruits to greens is: 2 cups full of fruit to 3-4 cups full of greens and 1 cup of water or homemade nut milk. If you like then add extra veggies as per your desired taste
Green Smoothie Weight Loss Guide
1. How To Develop Taste: For those who are new to green smoothies / juices, to start with they should use more fruit than normal, until they get used to the taste. Select a sweet fruit that you like. For instance, if you are preparing a smoothie blend in more pineapple, and if you are juicing then mix in more apple. Gradually when you get accustomed to the taste, start adding more of vegetables and less of fruit.
2. Find Out Your Own Signature Green Smoothie Recipe: Try out and make adjustments to the mix and proportion of ingredients used for smoothie / juice to your own penchant until you stumble on your own specific green smoothie recipe for weight loss that go with your distinctive taste.
3. Fruits vs. Protein: Make sure not to mingle fruit with protein as it may cause bloating. Whereas fruit is digested quickly, protein takes a couple of hours to digest – thus the fruit will start to ferment soon and may prompt bloating. It can be uneasy for you and also you will be frittering away your digestive energy.
4. Pith – Vitamin C Rich: The pith, white part of citrus fruits, is part of the rind and a rich source of vitamin C and an antioxidant (bioflavonoids). So try to include pith as much as possible while peeling citrus fruits.
The Best Green Smoothie Weight Loss Ingredients
Whereas almost all fruits and vegetables are good for weight loss smoothies, but there are a handful that stick out as winners! Such are the ones that are low in calories and high in fiber to jump start weight loss.
Here is my list of the top most ingredients to use for making weight loss smoothies: Grapefruit, Pumpkin, Kale, Apples (with skin), Blueberries, Pomegranates, Chia seeds, Raspberries, Pears (with skin), Strawberries, Bananas, Oranges, Broccoli, Celery, Cucumber, Carrots and all Leafy Greens.
How To Make Green Smoothies For Weight Loss
Here are our recommended Green Smoothie Recipes For Weight Loss:
1. Versatile Green Smoothie: This smoothie will not only help you lose weight, but make your skin younger, delay skin aging, and boost up your energy. This smoothie is favorite of many celebrities, including a number of Hollywood great personalities.
You will need:
Water – 1 ½ cups
Organic Romaine Lettuce – 1 head, chopped
Organic Celery – 3 to 4 stalks
Spinach – ½ head of a large bunch
Organic Apple – 1, cored and chopped
Organic Pear – 1, cored and chopped
Organic Banana – 1
Organic Lemon Juice – ½ fresh Lemon
Optional: 1/3 bunch of organic cilantro with or without stems and 1/3 bunch of organic parsley with or without stems
Method: Pour the water into the blender, add in chopped head of romaine lettuce, and blend at a low speed until you have a smooth mix. While adding spinach, celery, apple and pear gradually increase the speed of the blender. If you like add in cilantro and parsley also (optional). Add in the banana and lemon juice at last and your green weight loss smoothie is ready!
The above recipe provides you with 70% green vegetables and 30% fruit, so you eat much more greens than you normally would. Moreover as the greens and fruits are blended, thus your system is able to utilize all the vitamins and minerals without exerting too hard. It is also so chock-full of various nutrients and fiber that make it amazingly filling and keep you satiated longer.
2. Green Tea Smoothie For Weight Loss Recipe: This green tea weight loss smoothie is made by using green tea, which fuels weight loss through its constituents that are known as catechins, while lowering cholesterol as well. At just 46 calories per serving, it will make you burn more calories than what you will get by digesting the smoothie. Whereas the apple subside the spicy savor of the watercress, the mint enriches the green tea tanginess. The ingredients contained in this weight loss smoothie provide so many nutrients such as calcium, manganese, magnesium, potassium and vitamins B6, vitamin A, vitamin C and above all the fiber.
You will need:
Organic Apple: 1/2
Celery: 1 stalk, chopped
Green Tea: 12 ounce – brewed with 2 green tea bags (Use 4 tea bags for a stronger green tea flavor)
Fresh Mint Leaves: 1 tablespoon
Broccoli Sprouts: 1/2 cup
Watercress: 1/2 cup
Ice Cubes: As per your need
The above ingredients are enough to make 2 servings, equal to 24 ounces.
Method: With the motor running, add all the ingredients one at a time (except the ice cubes) to the blender in the order of items listed. Blend the mixture until smooth. Pour into a long drinking glass, add the ice cubes and relish your weight loss drink.
3. Glowing Green Smoothie For Weight Loss: If you are a busy bee, but looking to lose weight – try this green smoothie, which takes really 1 to 2 minutes to make and is an excellent choice for breakfast or snack option.
You will need:
Ripe Banana – 1 or 2, as per your taste
Peaches – 1/2 cup frozen or fresh
Mango – 1/2 cup frozen or fresh
Spinach – A couple handfuls, as per your taste
Water – Enough, as per your need
Method: Put all the ingredients in a blender and just enough water to blend, that’s all! Get the glow on your skin, while losing weight!!
You can have as many variants of this recipe as you want. Try any combo as per your specific liking. What you need is a ripe banana for a base, your favorite fruit and a couple handfuls of green of your choice. I prefer spinach as it has a slight tang that blends well.
4. Easy Green Smoothie For Weight Loss: This basic green smoothie is easy to prepare and the ingredients are also easily available.
You will need:
Green Grapes – 1 cup
Pineapple – 1/2 cup
Spinach – 2 cups, fresh
Banana – 1/2, ripe and peeled
Water – 1/2 cup
Ice Cubes – As per your need
Method: With the motor running, add all the ingredients one at a time (except the ice cubes) to the blender. Blend the mixture until smooth. Pour into a long drinking glass, add the ice cubes and enjoy your weight loss drink.
5. My Favorite Green Smoothie Weight Loss Recipe:
You will need:
Spinach – 2 cups
Cucumber – 2 cups
Celery – 1 head
Ginger Root – 1/2 inch or 1 teaspoon
Parsley – 1 bunch
Apples – 2
Lime Juice – 1 lime
Lemon Juice – 1/2 lemon
Ice Cubes – As per your need
Method: With the motor running, add all the ingredients one at a time (except the ice cubes) to the blender. Blend the mixture until smooth. Pour into a long drinking glass, add the ice cubes and sip your weight loss drink.
Just Fitness Tip: Green smoothies give best results when consumed immediately after making. And if you have to blend a smoothie ahead of when you will be drinking it, pour it in a narrow, airtight container up to the rim to minimize oxidation and keep it in your fridge. Consume it as soon as possible, within 24 hours.
Useful Related Articles: