How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
Drinking green tea for weight loss is recommended by many experts. It is one of the most popular and largely consumed beverage world-wide. In addition to diet and exercise plan for weight loss, you can include green tea in your diet to increase fat metabolism rate and become more healthy and fit.
Benefits Of Green Tea Weight Loss
1. Due to its various benefits, green tea has been a favorite drink of many since ancient times. One of the green tea’s many health benefits is its thermo-genic properties, which cause your metabolism rate to gear-up to consume fuel at a speedier rate. The speedier your metabolism rate, the extra fuel it needs. The fat in your body is stored and used as a fuel. The metabolism when consume fat at a speedier rate, it makes you loss fat weight.
2. Another reason for green tea benefit for weight loss is due to the feeling of fullness that you get after drinking it. It works to suppress your appetite. As your body does not constantly crave for foods, you can focus on healthier eating habits.
3. It contains antioxidants called ‘Catechins’ that are known to help in burning of fats.
4. The green tea weight loss benefits are in Epigallocatechin Gallate (a.k.a. EGCG, an antioxidant). It helps in decreasing the amount of lipids (fat) you absorb when you eat, which in turn contributes not only to lose your weight but is very healthy for your heart also.
Knowing that green tea can help us in losing weight is not enough. Read on here for how to lose weight with Green Tea, which is more important.
11 Green Tea Weight Loss Exclusive Tips
1. How Much Green Tea To Lose Weight: A normal cup of green tea has 50 to 150 mg of antioxidants. One research recommends drinking 2 to 3 cups of green tea of normal size cups per day to achieve health benefits, including weight loss. Another study has recommended 4 cups per day for weight loss. You can start from the low end and gradually increase the amount of green tea you consume, until you reach at 3 to 4 cups a day.
2. If you are obese or overweight, drinking green tea alone will not cause significant weight loss. No doubt it contributes in losing weight, but you need to combine it with other weight lose methods as well to have fast results, such as weight lose diet and exercise.
3. Green tea does help in losing weight, but its process is slow. Limit your daily consumption to 3 to 4 cups in a day. Don’t mistake into increasing your consumption much beyond this, in order to have fast results.
4. Ditch the green teas having added sugar or sweeteners. It negates the green tea weight loss benefits.
5. Try not to add filler like sugar, honey or milk, as these add calories to your tea and counter the green tea weight loss benefits.
6. Broadly tea is of three types, namely, Green tea, Black tea and Oolong tea. Go for green tea, as it is packed with very potent antioxidants called polyphenols.
7. If you are over-weight or obese, drink green tea before or after meals. It will make you feel full and suppress your craving for foods, and you can then concentrate on replacing foods that are high in fat and calories with foods that are good for you. Only if you cut down your caloric-intake by just 500 calories a day, you can lose one pound a week. Voilla, Happy losing weight!
8. Switch over from you morning coffee to a cup of green tea. This way you can give an early kick-start to your metabolism rate into high gear so as to burn more fat throughout the day. Green tea also contains caffeine, so you will not miss your coffee much.
9. To get the maximum green tea benefits, look at the labels and choose one that contains mostly natural ingredients without any artificial preservatives.
10. It works as a catalyst to enhance your endurance level and make you alert. Consequently you can work out longer to lose fat weight.
11. Green Tea Extract Weight Loss: While you are on-the-go, adding green tea extract to water is a good alternative to get the benefits of green tea weight loss.
You are invited to share your green tea weight loss tips under comments for the benefit of other readers.