Best and Easy Ways To Lose Weight Without Exercising
Don’t have time to exercise or you may be one of those who don’t like exercising or you may not be fit enough to exercise, but want to loss weight. Hmm, so you want to learn the tricks about how to lose weight without working out.
Can You Lose Weight Without Exercise?
The answer is yes. We will tell you the best ways to lose weight without exercise by making simple lifestyle changes and modifying your everyday diet, such as by having low-carb diet, avoiding sugar & many more effective tips and tricks to lose weight.
Just Fitness has spoken to many weight loss experts and every one of them contributed a few painless easy ways to lose weight without exercising. These easy tips on losing weight fast can pack a big weight loss punch over time.
Here are their top tips on how to lose weight without exercising.
Weight Loss Diet Tips
1. Don’t Drink Calories: Avoid drinking sugary soft beverages, fruit juices, sweetened sodas, smoothies, shakes. Most of them are empty calories. Instead go for unsweetened iced tea, lemon tea, coffee (without cream), or other no calorie / low calorie drinks, as you like.
2. Try a glass of water or a cup of herbal tea before a meal: This is just in case you may be thirsty only instead of hungry. Sometimes it is difficult to tell the difference between the two.
(i) If you drink full glass of water before taking meals, the water will take up a slight room in your stomach, which will make you eat a little less and you will not feel famished. In case don’t like drinking a full glass of water before a meal then you may take sips in between while taking the meal.
(ii) Drinking a glass of water before meals will give you time to watch what you eat instead of hogging what ever is placed before you in the plate.
(iii) If you don’t like taste of plain water, put a slice of lemon or lime in your water just to add flavor.
(iv) Party time! It’s a great idea to grab a low calories drink in your one hand and keep it there. It will make you less tempted to hit the endless cocktails and also harder for you to continue nibbling at the buffet.
3. Go for foods that take more time to digest: Eating foods that are longer to break down will keep your metabolism busy, which in turn will make you feel full for as much long time. These types of foods are high in fiber, such as:
(i) Whole grains – like whole-wheat spaghetti, bran flakes and barley.
(ii) Certain vegetables – like peas, broccoli, etc.
(iii) Fruits- like apples, pears and raspberries.
(iv) Nuts and legumes – like almonds, beans and lentils.
4. Cut down on white carbohydrates and fried foods : Try not to eat or eat less of white bread, polished rice, potatoes, pasta and fried food. It will help to lose weight, if you avoid eating anything that is white. Include good carbs into your diet.
5. Size Matters : Avoid barging large bites into your mouth. Rather divide your meals into more morsels so that you put in your mouth smaller bites. This way you will be compelled to eat slowly, and you will have enough time to know when you are full.
Use smaller plates, bowls, cups, spoons and dinner wares. A smaller plate full of food makes you more satisfying than a large plate with the same amount of food. People go by physical clues. When you see bottom of your bowls, a signal goes to your brain that you have had enough. For example, try enjoying your desert with a baby spoon. It will give you pleasure not only for longer time, but your body will get enough time to register that you have eaten to your full capacity.
When And How To Eat?
1. Don’t miss breakfast : Some people have misconception that skipping breakfast is a way to lose weight. On the other hand by eating breakfast you jump start your metabolism and keep it working throughout the day.
(i) If you don’t eat for long periods, your body works as if you are having fast and your plan of losing weight back-fires, as your body starts burning less calories accordingly.
(ii) Include in your diet more of fiber and protein, as these foods take long time to break down as compared to burn sugary foods and carbohydrates. Eat more such foods, like fresh fruits, vegetables, eggs and peanut butter.
2. Eat at the same times everyday : Try to eat your meals (including snacks) around the same times every day. Eating at regular times helps your body to get settled into rhythm that makes it burn the right amount of calories.
(i) Unpredictable eating habits or skipping of the meals is likely to tune your body to store calories for emergencies, which in turn result into your body gaining weight over time.
(ii) A regular food schedule makes you a lot less likely to graze and thus control your overall eating.
3. Don’t get into the habit of eating in front of TV : Don’t have snacks while watching a TV program, as you are likely to continue eating until the program is over and tend to eat more. The reason is that you are more absorbed in watching TV show rather than getting mentally engaged in eating, so it does not register in your mind when you get full.
4. Avoid late night eating : While you are asleep at night, your body does not burn much calories. So most of which you eat late at night is likely to convert into sugar and fat.
(i) Set a time limit so that after which you will not eat anything, even a small snack. The cut-off time should be at least two hours before you normally sleep at night.
(ii) If you crave for having something before you sleep, brew and sip a cup of herbal tea instead. Look for herbal tea that has very few calories.
5. Avoid Stress eating : I have seen people eating more when they are under stress and anxiety, as if they can eat up their feelings. This way they tend to add a ton of uncalled for calories to their diet, which otherwise can easily be avoided only if they could manage their stress and anxiety.
(i) Eating more does not reduce stress, rather it makes you over weight. If you are under stress find out another outlet to get rid of stress, like meditating, yoga, listening to or playing musical instrument, or reading.
(ii) Have adequate sleep. You should sleep at least eight hours a day. Lack of sleep can make you feel more under stress and give you hunger pangs.
6. Bottom Line : The best way to lose weight is that you need to burn more calories than what you take in. Even if you are not exercising, you are still burning some calories, even while you are asleep.
(i) Find out the calories in the items you normally eat, and sum it up at the end of each day. You can down load a Calorie Counter and Die Tracker / Food Tracking App and make it a habit to enter what you eat after each meal.
(ii) Rework your diet to exclude high calories items and try to instead include low calories items. If you are aiming to lose one pound a week and one pound is equivalent to 3500 calories, so it means you should aim for a 500 calories reduction in your diet for every day of the week.
Easy Tips To Loss Weight Fast
(i) When you feel hungry in between your meals, drink a glass of water or chew gum to trick your brain into thinking that you are eating something. The water will also make you feel full.
(ii) Eat your food slowly. That way your brain will get enough time to register the signal when you are full. By eating fast you are tend to over eat.
(iii) Eat only when you are hungry.
(iv) Don’t get into the habit of finishing every thing in your plate. When you are full don’t feel guilty to leave food in your plate, otherwise how will you lose weight.
(v) Never miss your breakfast, otherwise you are likely to eat more during the day. Also having breakfast early in the morning will jump start your metabolism.
(vi) Go for eating smaller amounts, albeit more often during the day. People having fewer but larger meals during the course of a day tend to over eat, and let their bodies to the risk of diabetes and other lifestyle diseases with the abrupt intake of calories.
(vii) Make it sure not to go for shopping on an empty stomach. You are tempted to eat what you see and you end up consuming junk food.
(viii) Drink at least 8-9 glasses of water in a day, especially before or during meals and before you go to bed.
(ix) Drink unsweetened lemon tea, instead of milk tea. It will help you in getting rid of weight.
Try our above listed easy tips for losing weight fast and see the results yourself.