This only three ingredients smoothie is high in omega-3 fat, healthy, refreshing, and filling. You may take it as a snack during the day when you want to have a healthy snack. You don’t need any cooking experience to make this highly nutritious breakfast food.
You will need only three ingredients.
- Banana is high in potassium, vitamin B6, fiber, and minerals. Moreover, it’s low in sodium.
- Flax Seeds: They are a rich source of the plant-based type of omega-3 fatty acid called alpha-linolenic acid. Moreover, they contain various other beneficial nutrients, including soluble and insoluble fiber, antioxidant phytochemicals called lignans, and many other vitamins and minerals. Other benefits are that they may lower bad blood cholesterol and heart disease risks.
- Ground flaxseeds are easier to digest than whole flaxseeds because whole flaxseeds may pass through your intestine undigested so that you won’t get its full nutritional benefit.
- Unripe and raw flaxseeds can have toxins that may be harmful in high doses. So, try to toast, cook or bake the flaxseeds to destroy those toxins.
- Milk: Good source of high-quality protein, calcium, and vitamin D. Use a milk type according to your caloric goal.
You will need:
- Banana: 1 or 2 whole ripe bananas. You may add 1 or 2 as per your desired consistency.
- Milk: 1/2 cup; you may adjust milk in accordance with whether you want a thinner or thicker smoothie.
- Ground toasted Flax seeds: 2 tablespoons. Do not use whole flax seeds as they will not break down and pass-through whole during digestion without giving benefits. Also, toast, cook or bake them before using them to make them easier to digest and remove their toxins. Raw seeds may cause constipation.
You may use a coffee or any other grinder to ground the seeds. Put the leftover ground seeds in an air-tight container and store them in the refrigerator to keep them fresh.
- Ice cubes: Optional as per your needs.
- First, put the ice cubes in the blender (Optional step).
- Next, peel bananas, break them into halves and add them to the blender.
- Add the ground flax seeds.
- Add the milk.
- Last, blend all the ingredients until you get a lump-free, smooth mixture. If you want a thinner smoothie, add more milk and churn again.
- Voila, your delicious smoothie is ready. Pour into your favorite container and enjoy.
About Author: Renu Bakshi, AKA Fitness Buffhq, is ISSA Certified Elite Trainer. He passed Personal Fitness Trainer Course, Nutrition Health Coach course & Specialist Exercise Therapy course from ISSA, the USA, obtaining + 97% marks. He shares his experience and knowledge about nutrition and effective workouts to get you in the best shape of your life, no matter how old you may be. The author says: “For me, age is just a number!”