It’s not as simple as doing 100 sit-ups every day routine and hoping for the best.
It happens with many people at some point of time in their lives when they observe that they don’t lose even an inch of their stomach fat the same way as they used to in their youthful days.
Dark circles under your eyes, aches and pains where there once were none and stomach fat – your body has its own ways of alerting you that there is something going wrong in your lifestyle.
Recently, belly fat has again cropped up in health news – or rather, where one can go wrong in how to lose stomach fat. We have spoken to many experts to find out their opinion.
To quote fitness and nutrition expert Louise Parker : “I’d say most clients who are overweight are largely concerned about fat in the abdominal area as it’s what they physically see and feel.”
But she pointed out, there’s no short-cut to a flatter, leaner belly.
Working on it is a far-reaching task – and not dealing with it can have grave implications which surpass the aesthetic.
After talking to many experts about the most effective and workable path to permanent fat loss, we have learnt some very interesting tummy fat loss tips. We share here with you the gist of facts and tips why that stomach fat won’t go – and how it can.
1. Can You Choose Spots To Reduce Body? : You can’t pick from where the fat goes off. Many clients ask to reduce body fat from certain particular body areas. You can’t say ‘I want to keep my boobs, and only want to ditch fat around my belly and arms’.
Now many studies have found that you just can’t choose spots for body fat reduction. It’s in reality all about setting your fat burning tap on and tone up your body.
2. DO Your Genetics Decide Where That Fat Will Be Reduced First? : Your genes ultimately decide where your body fat is to be stored and from where the fat is taken off first.
3. Which Type Of Body Fat Matters? : Do you know there are generally two types of fat storage?
(i) Visceral (surrounding internal organs)
(ii) Subcutaneous (beneath the skin – about 80% of all body fat)
It’s visceral fat which really matters. This is an indicator of how much actual body fat you are storing around your midriff and around your internal organs.
If your visceral fat rating is high, you’re susceptible to disease and diabetes, so you should try to reduce this to a healthy level as quickly and wisely as possible.
4. You Can Not Do 100 Sit Ups A Day And Expect A Lean Tummy: Experts say a lean body is chiefly possible in the kitchen. If you have a good amount of fat resting on your abdominal muscles, it’s not going to drop fat from that area alone.
You need to shed your total body fat while toning a strong core. Healthy metabolisms mean enduring results.
5. Chuck Fad Diet :The most common delusion in the recent times is that a good number of clients who have been trapped by scammers to buy expensive fad diet plans what we refer to as ‘healthy halo diets’ – in plain words eating too much ‘healthy’ food.
It’s heart-rending as they are lost why the coconut porridge with manuka honey isn’t transforming their body look like the model in the Instagram photo.
And they put on weight as while these ‘diets’ are chock-full of nourishment, jam-packed with calories and healthy sugars.
To sum up, in simplest words what you need to follow a right and sustainable lifestyle diet.
6. Does Your Body Care From Which Food Calories Are Coming? : Your body does not care about the source of calories, whether from honey, sweet-jelly or whatever – they get broken down on their way to fat storage. So our scientific, realistic advice is not to focus on any kind of fad diet that sets off on Monday and terminates on Friday, but really what you need is to change the way you eat forever.
Ask yourself: Will I be able to follow about 80% of this plan in five years’ time?
This way, the juice fasting, 5:2 or anything that’s just not enjoyable, do-able, sociable and sustainable is eliminated.
7. Damn It, It’s Not Only About Food: It’s not the food only, but the game really is all about your lifestyle (how much you sleep, how stress affects your hormones that prompt gaining or losing fat), your attitude, switching to a low sugar lifestyle and simply becoming active – they all play important role.
How Can You Reduce Your Stomach Fat?
(i) Avoid Sugar Sources: Find out where it’s hidden and expunge it from your diet until you reach your goal.
(ii) Make Sure You Eat Little And Often: Three meals and two snacks in a day and at all times a combination of a little low GI carbohydrate, a little good fat and some protein.
(iii) Get Your Heart Rate Up: You essentially need to get your heart rate up and do some exercise every day – not necessarily hardcore boot camps or a fifteen minute taxing high-intensity interval training (HIIT), which may injure you.
You have to find out what works for you, as the key is to follow habits that you can do forever. And forever is a really long time.
(iv) Aim High: Don’t underestimate you. Once you find a program that works – you will be astonished how easy it is to succeed and reach your goal. So aim high. You get one life and won’t you like to live it in your best body ever.
Address the above aspects to enjoy a flatter tummy! Are you using any tricks to lose stomach fat? Please share your tricks here under the comments section.
Useful Related Post:
About Author: Renu Bakshi, AKA Fitness Buffhq, is ISSA Certified Elite Trainer. He passed Personal Fitness Trainer Course, Nutrition Health Coach course & Specialist Exercise Therapy course from ISSA, USA obtaining + 97% marks. He shares his experience and knowledge about nutrition and effective workouts to get you in the best shape of your life, no matter how old you may be. The author says: “For me age is just a number!”