Including vegetables in your diet is the best way to lose weight because they are low in calories, contain lots of fiber and water. Vegetables help in losing weight, as they comply with the following essentials of an effective weight loss program:
(i) Less Calories Intake: Many non-starchy vegetables contain fewer calories. For example 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber or a cup of green raw leafy vegetables just supply you less than 10 calories.
(ii) High Fiber And Water Contents: Fiber rich foods tend to make you lose weight. Vegetables’ high contents of fiber and water keep you full longer to prevent cravings for munching on snacks or eating more. Their high water content also prevents dehydration that otherwise can occur during a weight loss program.
On top of helping you in losing weight, the vegetables are packed with minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals, which improve your health and also contribute in curing, delaying or reducing the occurrence of many diseases.
What Are The Best Vegetables To Eat For Weight Loss
Remember by just including more vegetables into your diet will not lead to substantial weight loss. To achieve significant weight loss, the best way is to eat fewer calories and exercise more so that you burn more calories than what you eat. Since, the vegetables are rich source of fiber and water so they keep you full longer and also help in replacing high calorie foods with less caloric foods. Listed below are 5 best vegetables you should eat to lose weight:
1. Cucumber: The humble cucumber is one of the best vegetables to eat to lose weight. It is packed with water and contains very few calories. You can eat it in salads, or have it grilled.
2. Broccoli: If you are trying to lose weight, include broccoli in your diet. This wonderful vegetable has no fat, contains 60 percent carbohydrates, and 40 percent proteins with plenty of water, vitamins and minerals. The carbohydrates contained in broccoli are very complex – they take time to digest so release energy slowly, which helps to make energy available for long hours after having the meal. It is also rich source of vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, pantothenic acid, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, and selenium that make it good food to improve your health and raise your immunity.
3. Spinach And Leafy Green Vegetables: This is another good vegetable to include in your diet, especially when you are trying to lose weight. It’s high in fiber so keeps you full longer. Moreover, it does not cause water retention that helps in losing weight. Spinach needs light cooking; even you can include it in your salads. It’s otherwise also a preferred food for health conscious people, as it is a rich source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamins A, C, E, K, thiamin, riboflavin, B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, copper, and manganese.
You can go for other green leafy vegetables as well, as most of them are low in calories, but high in fiber and nutrients, such as kale, watercress, lettuce, chard, and mustard greens.
4. Beans And Carrots: Beans are packed with dietary fibers and protein. They are low in fat, but are with high fiber content. As they are rich in proteins, you can experiment to cut down on your meat intake, and substitute the same with the beans.
Carrots are high in fiber and should be included among vegetable to lose weight. They can be eaten raw – all that chewing will keep you busy and good to whiten your teeth as well. They are high in beta-carotene, vitamins A, K, and C plus other nutrients.
5. Celery: Like cucumber, celery is almost all water and scarce in caloric value. All this make it a great vegetable for weight loss. Its other contents are fiber and proteins. You can eat it raw – just take care not to get tempted to smear it with a creamy dip!
Above are the top 5 vegetables diet for weight loss. But there are many other vegetables that you can include in your diet to lose weight, such as Brussels Sprouts, Cabbages, Collard Greens, Leeks, Tomato, Capsicums.
Choose those vegetables that are low in calories, but contain lots of fiber! You may add your preferred best vegetable for weight loss under the comments below for the benefit of other readers.
Useful Related Articles: